With Andrew Pearson of Windsor Circle Read the answers here!
On Thursday, Dec 13th at 11 am we moderated an ExactTarget #ETCafe, a twitter conversation where we posed 7 questions related to the theme of "Retaining your Holiday Customers", and both we and participants gave answers - all over twitter! We had over 50 retweets and mentions, and another 50 tweets from participants during the course of the hour. The questions we covered were:
- How were Thanksgiving weekend and Cyber Monday sales for retailers this year compared to 2011?
- How many purchases came from first-time buyers versus repeat customers?
- What kind of retention email campaigns or offers performed really well - or poorly - this season?
- Now, what’s the plan your plan to retain your holiday shoppers after Dec 26th?
- What are you doing this holiday season to grow your subscriber list?
- What upsell/cross-sell offers do you have planned for post-holiday gifts?
- How is your Social team or strategy ready to react to holiday themes, and how will you leverage Social as part of a retention/engagement story next year?
Congrats to Jess Wearn (@helloitsjess), social media / web developer tweeting from London, for winning a $50 Gift Card for the best tweet, and Corey Bauer, Sr. Marketing Technologist at Trendline Interactive, for winning a $50 Gift Card in our drawing from contest entrants.